Utah Championship Volunteer Information
Welcome to the Utah Championship, an official PGA TOUR event on the Korn Ferry Tour. Here’s your chance to get “inside the ropes” with the future stars of the PGA TOUR! Volunteers are needed for the 2021 Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank August 2 - 8.
Come out this year and join the many individuals who return year after year to support Utah’s only official PGA TOUR event on the Korn Ferry Tour! Volunteers who work two or more shifts will be able to play in the Volunteer Golf Outing at Oakridge Country Club at a later date.
Work schedules are flexible to accommodate your personal needs. Certain positions do fill up quickly so volunteer NOW and join our team!
Covid-19 Volunteer Policies
The Utah Championship cares about the health of our volunteers and community. Please consult local health and CDC guidelines before volunteering in 2021.
Volunteer Committees & Positions
A great way to experience many different areas associated with the tournament. This committee is for those who want to help but are not sure what they want to do for the event. Daily assignments will be made based on the tournament needs.
- Welcome spectators to the tournament and direct people to specific locations on the course.
- Assist with checking of proper admission tickets/badges for entry and selling tickets.
- Hand out pairing sheets and provide general information to spectators.
- Assist with distribution of tickets that have been ordered in advance or left at will-call for
- Assist in placing and picking up ecology cans/bags in various locations on the course.
- Assist with removal of trash on the course, in hospitality venues, volunteer headquarters, etc.
- Coordinate volunteer groups to ensure that the course and spectator viewing areas are clean and free of trash.
- Assist the Golf Channel in tournament operations and productions.
- Relay to the Golf Channel’s Associate Producer information regarding scores, playing order
on the fairway, etc.
*Basic knowledge of golf etiquette & scoring is needed and availability to work a full round of golf (approximately 9 am - 9 pm each day) is required. Minimum age of 18.
- Provide a presence in the hospitality venues throughout tournament week to ensure clients receive a warm welcome and a true VIP experience.
- Assist with set up and clean up of hospitality venue at the beginning and end of each day.
- Assist guests with tournament information, check for the correct ticket when spectators enter the venue and make sure the snacks and beverages are stocked at all times.
*Duties require being outside for the duration of your shift and frequently walking up/down the stairs.
- Work inside the ropes and right on the course; helping ensure that play proceeds smoothly and safely, creating an enjoyable experience on the course without distracting the players.
- Marshals are positioned at tees, greens, landing areas and crosswalks. Provide gallery control along with periodically rotating positions around the assigned hole. Follow the path of each player’s ball; spotting and protecting the ball should it come to rest in the rough or outside gallery ropes.
- Help and direct PGA TOUR professionals, pro-am participants and tournament sponsors/partners in clubhouse and VIP parking lots during the week of the tournament.
- Possibly assist with valet parking during the Pro-Ams.
- Record and transmit scores from the course.
- Work with PGA TOUR staff and officials to ensure all scores are correct.
- Assist with running scorecards and copies to appropriate locations.
- Check for proper credentials into hospitality, restricted areas, and event entrances.
- Check for restricted items before spectators enter the tournament.
- Help PGA TOUR professionals and spectators cross safely at crosswalk from Hole 1 to Hole 2 and then from Hole 8 to Hole 9.
- Accompany each group of players during play and display their scores in relation to par on a cumulative basis.
- Responsible for changing scores after each hole by checking with the walking scorer.
*Must be able to carry the stand (weighs approximately 5-7 pounds) for the length of the course for all 18 holes. Minimum age of 14, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Provide transportation services to players, tournament officials and spectators as needed.
- Drive shuttles from VIP parking lot and general spectator parking lot to transport spectators, VIPs, staff, etc. to the golf course.
*Must be a licensed driver and minimum age of 18.
- Keep the Volunteer Village open and available to all volunteers during tournament week.
- Ensure beverage and food items are available for all uniformed volunteers working each day.
- Responsible for checking in, assisting with meals and registering all volunteers.
- Work closely with product distribution and ecology to make sure the Volunteer Village is stocked at all times with appropriate products and is clean.
- Assist with the general upkeep and appearance of Volunteer Village.
*Additional duties are organizing and setting up Volunteer Distribution, which takes place the week prior to tournament week.
Accompany each group of players during play and record the scores and statistics of play on a cellular device during competitive rounds.
Report scores to Greenside Reporter.
Coordinate with Standard Bearers to ensure correct scores are posted on standards.
*Minimum age of 18.
Volunteer Application Fees are non-refundable. Uniforms are ordered based on applications received and funds are used for these purposes. Due to the fact that uniforms and services must be ordered prior to the Utah Championship tournament, we are unable to return any portion of the application fee if a volunteer is unable to attend.